Toastmasters clubs meet at corporations, churches, colleges, community centers and even in restaurants. While community clubs are generally open to anyone, sponsored clubs are often limited to affiliates of the sponsor since the meeting location and some of the fees may be covered.
To start a new club, follow these five steps:
- Find at least 20 people over the age of 18 who want to join.
- Designate and secure a meeting location.
- Fill out and submit the requisite new club forms to World Headquarters.
- Fill out the Start a Club form and request more information.
- Download a copy of How to Build a Toastmasters Club, a step-by step guide to growing a successful club.
- $125: One-time chartering fee
- $20: New-member fee per person
- $45: Six months’ membership dues per person ($33.75 for clubs not in a district)
- Additional dues: Clubs may also charge supplementary club dues to cover expenses.